Family Housing Resources offers Homebuyer Education Classes in English for those interested in purchasing a home. These comprehensive classes are for all current or potential homebuyers to attend if they have questions about any part of the homebuying process.
The workshop is free of charge. The class is eight hours in length, which is a minimum requirement for HUD approved agencies. Classes are informative and interactive and will help you answer many questions!
Class topics include:
- The advantages and disadvantages to renting versus owning
- How to build and maintain good credit
- Budgeting as a homeowner
- How the lender pre-qualifies you for a loan
- Realtor and Lender responsibilities
- What to expect at closing
- Home maintenance
- Mortgage delinquency and foreclosure prevention
For class times and locations, contact FHR at (520) 318-0993 or click here for Schedule Classes
Fair Housing Website
Fair Credit Reporting Act
FHR is certified by HUD as a Housing Counseling Agency and has adopted The National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education, Counseling and Foreclosure Intervention. Housing counselors and educators are individually certified with Neighborworks Center for Homeownership Counseling and Education